Thursday, February 10, 2011

My First Coupon Experience 1/9/2011

The first time i tested out couponing, was at CVS. I LOVE CVS. The goal with them is to earn their money back rewards to use on your next purchase. Its like rolling over money from one week to the next.

For example: if you buy 25 dollars worth of Nivea Products you get 5 bucks back. That 5 bucks prints like a coupon and you use it the next time you shop.

But here you go. My first cvs trip consisted of toilet paper and flushable wipes. The CVS deal was spend 25 bucks in selected toilet paper products, get 10 bucks back.
$13.00 is what i spent on all this. See below how i did it.
Scott Extra Soft 24 rolls of toilet paper 13.99, on sale for 10.00
Cottonelle Flushable Wipes 3.89, on sale for 2.00 each.

Here's how i worked it.

I bought 2 toilet papers which came out to $20.00
 and bought 3 flushable wipes which came out to $6.00
My total is 26 dollars, so that means i get the 10 dollars back at the end.
** As long as you hit the required total before coupons, you get the money back reward***

I used 3 coupons in this order
I used 2 coupons for $1 off of scott toilet paper, that brought the total to 18$ for toilet paper.
I used 1 coupon for $1 off of 2 cottonelle wipes purchase, that brought it down to $5 for wipes

Total is 23 dollars minus the $10 rewards i got back, comes out to $13.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment